The Borders branch of the SOC holds a varied range of talks & presentations on a monthly basis throughout the winter and spring. Get in touch with us (by contacting Ray, details below) if you would like to join our mailing list to receive email updates of forthcoming talks and outings.
Evening talks programme
Scott Room, George & Abbotsford Hotel, Melrose
On the Mondays detailed below at 7.30pm
• 11 Nov 2013 James Bray – Upland birds: Ecology, conservation and how you can help
• 09 Dec 2013 Members’ Night
• 13 Jan 2014 Mark Rafferty – Raptor persecution. Joint with RSPB
• 10 Feb 2014 Jeremy Brock – Spanish Steppes: Birds of the Laguna de Gallocanta
• 10 Mar 2014 Jeremy Greenwood – Peregrines, Pesticides and politics: Another triumph for birdwatchers
• 14 Apr 2014 AGM & Social Evening
About the branch
Graham Pyatt, The Schoolhouse, Manor, Peebles, EH45 9JN, Tel 01721 740319
Committee member and representative of branch on SOC Council:
Birdwatching in the area
Click here for a guide of recommended sites to visit in the Borders and to download the branches’ free, full-colour birdwatching guide to the area.
Click here for our guide to Birdwatching on the Berwickshire coast
Bird recording in the area
Visit the Borders recording area page for details of the latest bird report, back issues, species considered locally and for Local Recorder contact information.
South-East Scotland Bird Atlas
Lothian and Borders regions have joined forces to run a local Bird Atlas project in parallel with the national 2007-11 Bird Atlas. For more details, including information on how to take part and preliminary species maps, see the South-East Scotland Bird Atlas website at www.the-soc.org.uk/se-atlas.
Borders Bird News
Join our email newsgroup http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/bordersbirdnews/?tab=s to keep up with the latest sightings and to make general comments and observations.