Evening talks programme
Cumberland St Day Centre, Dumfries (off Brooms Rd Car Park)
On the following Wednesdays at 7.30pm:
• 13 Nov 2013 Hannah Grist – Linking life-histories; or where to find Shags in winter
• 11 Dec 2013 Edmund Fellowes – South Georgia
• 15 Jan 2014 Richard Riley – Drumlanrig Estate
• 12 Feb 2014 Derek McGinn – Sea to summit
• 12 Mar 2014 Ben Darvill – Upland birds: Ecology, conservation and how you can help
• 02 Apr 2014 AGM & Keith Kirk – Through the lens with both eyes open
• Sat 23 Nov 2013 – Ken Dee Marshes
• Sat 22 Feb 2014 – Caerlaverock
• Tue 8 – Fri 11 Apr 2014 – Yorkshire
About the branch
Pat Abery, East Daylesford, Colvend, Dalbeattie, DG5 4QA, Tel 01556 630483
John Clark, Edmund Fellowes, Alf Marshall, Judith Mylne, Bobby Smith
Dumfries and Galloway recorder:
To mark their 50th anniversary, the branch has produced a stunning calendar of photographs taken by branch members, all
of which feature bird species that can be seen in Dumfries-shire. The calendar costs £6 plus £1.20 UK p&p. Click here for details of how to purchase your copy.
Nearby branches of the SOC
Find out more about Stewartry branch
Visit the West Galloway branch page
Click here for a guide of recommended sites to visit and to download a free, full-colour birdwatching guide produced by D&G Council Ranger Service.
Bird recording in this area
Visit the Dumfries & Galloway recording area page for details of the latest bird report, back issues, species considered locally and for Local Recorder contact information.