Evening talks programme
Kells School, New Galloway
The following Thursdays at 7.30pm.
25 Sep 2014 “Galloway gems”, with Keith Kirk
Keith, a well-known local photographer/writer and countryside ranger will give an insight into some of the special places in Dumfries and Galloway for wildlife. He will cover many species both large and small, common and rare.
09 Oct 2014 Allan Whyte – Conservation implications of seabird decline
13 Nov 2014 Jim Cassels – Mapping Arran’s birds
11 Dec 2014 Angus Hogg – Ayrshire birds: The changing scene
15 Jan 2015 Richard & Barbara Mearns – ‘Scottish birds’ in Mongolia, followed by New Year’s Welcome
12 Feb 2015 Sonja Ludwig – Seven years into the Langholm Moor Demonstration Project
12 Mar 2015 Euan Ferguson – Colour-ringing gulls in North-East Scotland
02 Apr 2015 AGM & Members’ Night (short illustrated talks)
01644 420 280
- July & Aug: Cruises on P.S. Waverely from Ayr on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for seabirds, sea mammals & spectacular scenery
- Late Jul/ early Aug: Cruise around Ailsa Craig on Monday afternoon
- Sun 10 Aug: Auchencairn Bay & Rascarrel Bay
- Sat 16 Aug: Corsewall Point for migration
- Fri 29 Aug: Corsewell Point for migration
- Sat 13 Sept: Newbiebarns for wader passage
- Fri 26 Sept: Mersehead for first Barnacle Geese
- 11 – 18 Oct: Week on Islay
Joan Howie (as above) or Geoff Packard, 01557 330681.
About the branch
Joan Howie, The Wilderness, High Street, New Galloway, Castle Douglas, DG7 3RL
Chair and representative of the branch on SOC Council:
Andrew Bielinski, Jeremy Brock, Jean Maltman, Iain Matthewson, Mark Pollitt, Graham Smith
Dumfries and Galloway recorder:
Click here for a list of recommended sites to visit and to download a free, full-colour birdwatching guide produced by D&G Council Ranger Service.
Bird recording in Stewartry
Visit the Dumfries & Galloway recording area page for details of the latest bird report, back issues, species considered locally and for Local Recorder contact information.