Vacancies on the Scottish Birds editorial team
The team that produces the SOC’s quarterly journal, Scottish Birds, is urgently looking for volunteers willing to take on specific roles in producing this key Club publication. Sadly, long-standing articles editor, Jimmy Maxwell, died in the summer and Ian Andrews is stepping down after ten years as Co-ordinating Editor.
To help spread the load, we are looking to expand the team with volunteers taking on focussed tasks. We are looking to fill the following roles to support Stan da Prato (peer-reviewed papers) and Stuart Rivers and Harry Scott (rare bird articles):
- Several regional correspondents to cover specific geographic areas to source news and articles about Club/branch activities and members’ interests at a local level.
- Someone to cover SOC conference write-ups.
- A ‘house styler’ to ensure consistency of style across the publication.
- An editor to work on the non-peer-reviewed articles.
- A proof-reader to carry out the final checks on the pre-publication pdfs.
- A ‘content co-ordinator’ to liaise between the members of the team, HQ and the designer. This person is key to ensuring the smooth flow of material through the publication process.
- Indexer to produce the volume index each October.