Date:04 March 2018
Price:£40 (£35 SOC/SWLA members)
Venue:Waterston House, SOC Headquarters
Booking Info:Contact us on 01875 871 330 to book
* Apologies this event is now fully booked *
The SOC is delighted to announce details of a watercolour day hosted by artist and watercolourist, Darren Woodhead, to coincide with the SWLA exhibition at the centre.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Swarovski / Birdwatch magazine Artist of the Year 2009 for a day’s painting and tuition.
*Places are limited to a maximum of ten participants to ensure significant 1:1 time with Darren*.
The morning session will be devoted to an introduction before the group puts brush to paper. After lunch (weather permitting), Darren will take participants painting outdoors to be inspired by the surroundings of Aberlady /Gosford, or alternatively, within/ around the Club’s beautifully situated Headquarters which overlook Aberlady Bay Local Nature Reserve.
The workshop will commence at SOC HQ, Waterston House, Aberlady at 10am and last till 3.30pm approx. Tea and coffee will be served from 9.45am.
What to bring:
* Your own watercolour paints, brushes, paper (watercolour is ideal), water pot, drawing board and clips or tapes to hold the paper down.
* A packed lunch. Hot drinks will be provided at the Centre throughout the day.
* Something to sit on (e.g. a mat, stool, rug) for when painting outdoors.
* Warm clothing. Do please dress according to the weather forecast and come prepared with waterproof footwear.
“For Darren Woodhead, a sheet of paper is a pool of light on which paints dance”, Julian Spalding, Former Director of Glasgow Museums and Art Galleries.