Waterston House is open Wednesdays to Sundays (10am-4pm, winter hours).
Helping to stop the spread of Covid-19
For your safety and that of our staff and volunteers, we ask all visitors to note the social distancing and hygiene measures currently in place:
- No booking is required but staff may request you wait for a few minutes for entry if the shop/gallery get very busy
- Face coverings must be worn inside the premises, in accordance with Scottish Government guidelines
- Hand sanitiser stations and tissues in place throughout the building
- One-way system inside – follow the signs
- Disabled visitors are welcome and the centre is fully accessible
- The boardwalk to the pond is open – please follow the one-way system (clockwise)
- Payment by card (contactless) preferred
- Please use hand sanitiser before browsing through any items on display
- The SOC Library is open
- Book donations gratefully received but please contact the office in advance to arrange delivery
- Catch it, bin it, kill it: Use a tissue (or the crook of your elbow) to catch coughs and sneezes, dispose of any tissues immediately in a bin and sanitise your hands
- Please do not visit Waterston House if you or anyone in your household is showing clear or potential symptoms of coronavirus or seasonal flu
A risk assessment has been carried out and can be viewed here.
Getting to Waterston House is easy with a variety of road, rail and bus routes available.
Our Headquarters address
01875 871 330
Wednesdays–Sundays 10am–4pm (winter opening hours).
Christmas closure: 25 Dec-2 Jan inclusive.
Office staff can be reached 9am–5pm Monday to Friday.
Getting here (road)
From Edinburgh / A1: Waterston House is a scenic half hour's drive from the centre of Edinburgh. Find us immediately off the A198 coastal road, on your left after the 30MPH road sign, just before you enter the village of Aberlady.
From North Berwick: If coming from the direction of North Berwick, go through Aberlady village and as you leave, you'll see a bowling green on your right hand side. We are the next turn-in on your right after the bowling green.
Getting here (public transport)
Visit Traveline Scotland to plan your journey via public transport or call 0871 200 22 33.
By bus: East Coast Bus X24/124 from Edinburgh passes the entrance way to Waterston House. Ask the driver for the ‘Pleasance, Aberlady’. When you’re ready to return home, the bus stop back is right across the road. Visit East Coast Buses to plan your journey and for ticket information.
Page header image © Steve Cox