Waterston House is currently open Wednesdays to Sundays (see Opening Hours below).
Helping to stop the spread of coronavirus
For your safety and that of our staff and volunteers, we ask all visitors to note the following preventive measures that we currently have in place:
- Adults and children aged 12 and over are advised by the Scottish Government to wear face coverings inside the building
- Please act responsibly and be considerate to other visitors, giving them time and space where possible to move around, understanding that we all have different needs
- Hand sanitiser stations are in place throughout the building
- Please do not visit Waterston House if you have tested positive for COVID, are displaying potential symptoms, or are required to self-isolate. Click here for more information on COVID symptoms of coronavirus
- Book donations gratefully received but please contact the office in advance to arrange delivery
Getting to Waterston House is easy with a variety of road, rail and bus routes available.
Our Headquarters address
01875 871 330
Wednesdays–Sundays 10am–5pm (summer hours).
Office staff can be reached 9am–5pm Monday to Friday.Waterston House is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Getting here (road)
From Edinburgh / A1: Waterston House is a scenic half hour's drive from the centre of Edinburgh. Find us immediately off the A198 coastal road, on your left after the 30MPH road sign, just before you enter the village of Aberlady.
From North Berwick: If coming from the direction of North Berwick, go through Aberlady village and as you leave, you'll see a bowling green on your right hand side. We are the next turn-in on your right after the bowling green.
Getting here (public transport)
Visit Traveline Scotland to plan your journey via public transport or call 0871 200 22 33.
By bus: East Coast Bus X24/124 from Edinburgh passes the entrance way to Waterston House. Ask the driver for the ‘Pleasance, Aberlady’. When you’re ready to return home, the bus stop back is right across the road. Visit East Coast Buses to plan your journey and for ticket information.
Page header image © Steve Cox