SOC Ayrshire branch sponsors a local website, www.ayrshire-birding.org.uk, which contains a wealth of information about birdwatching on mainland Ayrshire and includes some reference to the Isle of Arran (which is within the local government area of North Ayrshire). The website has been in operation since June 2000, making it one of the oldest continually-run birding sites on the Web.
- comprehensive information on some 86 recommended birdwatching sites across the whole area, with details of parking arrangements, public transport, routes for cyclists and the suitability of the site for access by birders with impaired mobility. A downloadable PDF of the associated booklet (sadly now out of print) is also available.
- the species list for Ayrshire.
- a bird photo gallery, regularly updated.
- news of recent and forthcoming events in Ayrshire of interest to birdwatchers.
- the programmes of talks, special events, visits and tours organised by SOC Ayrshire and its companion RSPB local groups in Ayrshire.
- a number of articles of general interest to birdwatchers.
- links to a range of other informative websites are provided.
- The site also contains extensive information on Ayrshire’s butterflies.