Please send your completed form to the relevant local recorder, who will then pass it on to SBRC. A full list of local recorders can be found by clicking here.
The current list of species considered by the SBRC can be found here.
- Date first seen:
- Date last seen:
- Number of birds:
- Recording Area:
- Finder: Email:
- Identifier (if different): Email:
- Submitter (if different): Email:
- Other observers:
- Any observers who disagree with identification?
- Optics used:
- Distance from bird:
- Was the bird photographed (if so, please enclose photos or provide web links or contact details of a photographer)? Please describe any editing that has been done to submitted images:
- If you have enclosed photographs, is permission given for them to be used in future SBRC and SOC publications?
- Observer(s) experience (include whether you are familiar with this species in this plumage, familiarity with confusion species):
- Weather (general description, including light conditions, position of sun etc where relevant):
- Contact details of submitter (email or postal address):
- And finally, is the record 100% certain?
Please try to cover:
- Circumstances of finding the bird, length of view, etc.
- Plumage, bare parts etc and call (if possible).
- Jizz (that ‘indefinable something’ about the way it behaved).
- Details of how confusion species were ruled out (if relevant) and comparison with nearby species.
- Information used to age and sex the bird.
- Please add any supporting sketches.
Please include (where relevant).
- Details of specimen (location etc) if dead.
- Ringing details (ring number, biometrics etc).
- Results of DNA or other analysis.
Page header image © John Nadin